Friday, March 11, 2011

Tsunami Warning

UPDATE: All clear in the Philippines! All volunteers have been advised that it is safe to return to their homes. Looks like the biggest wave to hit the Philippines was measured at 70 centimeters and was recorded in a province where there are no volunteers. Still waiting to hear more from Japan. I have friends with family there so please continue to keep them in your thoughts!

Once again, my island is not in harms way. Unfortunately, many of my friends are serving in sites all along the coastlines where the tsunami waves are expected to hit. Peace Corps Safety and Security staff are monitoring the situation and sending out text updates to keep us all informed. 
Here is a map to give you a better idea of things over here... 

Hopefully you can see where I marked my island (on the left, away from the red areas). I am safe. I will give you all a proper update soon. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment