 |
| Citadel Alona, our home base while in Bohol; Jeepney on the street outside; The fruit stand in front of Citadel Alona. Delicious mangos for breakfast, lunch and dinner; Evening walk down Alona Beach. |
 |
| Stops along the way of our "Celebrities of Bohol" tour with Barkada Tours; Moths and butterflies at the Butterfly Sancturary; Tarsiers!; Man Made Forest of Mahogany; I accidentally turned the flash on (oops!). |
 |
| Mom's favorite sign in the Philippines; "Touching" the Chocolate Hills; Mom and I on the Hanging Bridge; Baclayon Church, one of the oldest in the Philippines; More Chocolate Hills. |
 |
| Mom's first trike ride; Our lizard friend joining us for lunch on the beach; Amazing salad for dinner at the Bohol Bee Farm; Mom and I on our last night in Bohol; View from our Thai lunch on the beach. |
 |
| Bulalacao - my site; The carabaw mom "mooed" at to get him to look at her for the picture; The view of the water from our lunch stop in Kabankalan; One of the stalls at my market. |
 |
| Ben, my new sitemate, and I overlooking Bulalacao; Pretty sunflower in Maujao; Thelma's Paradise in Maujao; Guys hard at work completing the highway from Bulalacao to San Jose. |
 |
| Hanging bridge to Tabok; Me after finishing all of the buko (coconut) juice; Mom and some kids in town. |
 |
| Puerto Galera, Mindoro; Mom and her basket guys. She bought the ones in the pile up front; On the bangka heading back to Manila; Sunset on the beach; This family walked up and down the beach. Every person was wearing their lifejacket and crocs. We just had to take a picture! |
 |
| Saying goodbye to mom at the Manila Airport (the worst airport ever). I'm not in as much pain as it looks. Crying and laughing at the same time, promise. Right after this the security guard, who wouldn't let me help mom carry in her bags, made fun of my for crying. JERK! |
I had the most amazing time with my mom in the Philippines! The other volunteers who saw me at any point during the month before she arrived could tell you how ridiculously excited I was. I was, obviously, sad to see her go. But I'm so thankful for the time we got to spend together! I love you, mom!!
No comments:
Post a Comment