I just wanted to post a quick note to let everyone know that I've made it safely to the Philippines and survived my first day of training. It took about 30 hours of travel time to get here and then another hour or two to settle into the hotel and finally get some sleep. I think that's the Peace Corps plan... make the travel day so exhausting that you immediately go to sleep and then the next day you almost feel like you're in the right time zone. It seems to have worked pretty well. Except now it's 8pm and I am definitely ready for bed! Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a chance to walk around the grounds and get some pictures of our hotel. It's beautiful here. Hot, but beautiful.
Just a few quick notes....
* Only letters can be sent to the PO Box address
* Everything else should be sent to the Peace Corps office
* I will be getting a cell phone on Tuesday - let me know if you want the number
All right, I'm off to enjoy the party down at the pool! Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment