#10... Not having a live pig living in the next room - My neighbors have a pig in the kitchen (and I think at times chickens too) and there is just a door separating our two kitchens.
#09... Silent nights - No motorcycles, barking dogs, screaming cats, roosters, drunk guys, crying babies....
#08... Not sweating every second of the day.
#07... Getting my hair done at the best salon in town! I have so missed Carole and the rest of the gang at Reflections. Looking forward to that mimosa!
#06... Driving- Oh wait, no. Oregon has stupid laws so I will just continue my 2-year stint as a permanent passenger.
#06... My down comforter - I can't wait to sleep with the weight of the comforter covering me!
#05... New underwear and clothes without holes in them - Until you've sewn up holes in everything you own, you just won't understand.
#04... Having a washing machine, a dryer and a dishwasher just steps away - Fill up, press a button, walk away, done.
#03... Riding in planes, trains and automobiles actually made for Americans - I am so not Filipino-sized!
#02... Taking a HOT shower and/or a bath every single day - Feeling really clean is going to be awesome!
....and finally....
#01... Actually watching college football on TV not just arrows on a computer screen with delayed refresh - Seriously, why did I have to miss three of the most epic seasons of Oregon football???
I'm seriously excited to come home for a visit. I am sure I will freeze (I am cold when the temp drops below about 80 here) but it will be so worth it! Let me know if you'll be around Eugene (Dec. 22-30), Portland (Dec. 30-Jan. 1), Seattle (Jan. 4) or Honolulu (Jan. 5) so we can meet up! It will be a great break before heading back to the Philippines to complete my FINAL 3 MONTHS of service. Where has the time gone??
PS... Anyone interested in traveling around the Philippines/South East Asia mid-April to early/mid-May? Anyone???
No comments:
Post a Comment